trans10
The Legacy Golf Club Legacy Golf Club - Hole 15 Carts-Best Golf Course in Des Moines, IA Legacy Golf Club - Clubhouse3-Best Golf Course in Des Moines, IA
trans
Newsletter Facebook
Contact Us Twitter
trans10
top
 
COURSE ARCHITECT
Jeffrey D. Brauer, owner of Golfscapes Inc. of Arlington, Texas is the architect of The Legacy Golf Club. Over the past 29 years he has designed and consulted across the spectrum of projects, ranging from partial renovations to international resorts. His work has been spotlighted in most of the world’s major golf magazines. Golf World ranked him as one of the top 20 golf course architects and in 2010 Golf Inc. Magazine ranked him as the world's 4th best value in golf architecture.
Mr. Brauer has developed dozens of courses across the United States and has a reputation for challenging, yet playable course designs. His designs focus on commitment to the player, creating courses that provide excellence in playing conditions. Mr. Brauer has collaborated with many Tour Pros, including Fred Couples, Jim Colbert, Larry Nelson and Steve Elkington. For more information
on Mr. Brauer's design philosophy visit his website at
www.jeffreydbrauer.com.
Comments on designing The Legacy:
Congratulations on the awards and accolades you have been receiving! I have had a few people tell me that they love the Legacy, even over other highly rated public and private courses, which is always nice to hear. I think the design is about 10% and the maintenance, service and atmosphere are the other 90% of your success. I tell people who ask that the Legacy is the model for affordable golf in the US. It proves that public courses don’t have to be expensive or boring, and I have always been proud to have my name on it.
You are surely the hardest working family I have known in golf. I have had only a few people try to build courses themselves, and none who has succeeded like the Manning’s! I was always a bit leery of the potential results, the results are remarkable for a largely homemade effort.
You started with a nice piece of rolling property, and even had progressed to having a land plan prepared. I recall we were able to tweak it, but in some instances, the hole corridors were set to some degree. I did some things here – like back to back par fives at ten and eleven that I don’t normally do. The cross bunkers on the fairway at 12 are also unusual for me, but I felt they were right for the occasion. The 18th, 4th and 5th stand out as personal favorites, too.
Jeffrey D. Brauer, Golfscapes, Inc

Other Course Designs Include:

Colbert Hills in Manhattan, KS Giants Ridge in Biwabik, MN
Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine, TX Champions Golf Club in Omaha, NE
footer
trans10
© 2013-2014 - The Legacy Golf Club
400 Legacy Parkway, Norwalk, IA 50211
(515) 287-7885
trans10